Critical is a weapon Stat which determines how each round fired is likely to cause a fatal injury. However, only bullet-projectile weapons benefit from the stat. As with most other parameters, this one isn't described in the way it works, and so only observation results are available.
The best arms in this category are the following:
- Sparrowhawk (x50, bolt-action rifle with low Damage).
- CK-Magellan (x25, rapid-fire semi-automatic rifle).
- MOS-TECK (x25, Damage-oriented semi-automatic rifle).
- Lizaro Jungle (x20, with mediocre parameters).
- UMP (x20, with good all-round parameters).
- Sniper (x15, default bolt-action rifle with almost no munitions).
Among the rest generally Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns, and Knives have x10, whilst Machine Guns and a handful of small arms have x5. Outsiders here are Launchers and any kind of explosives, unable to score any critical hits at all, being an already powerful as it is. Fragmentation Grenades are capable of critical hits due to their mechanic, but the exact value is unknown.
Tactics relying on critical are fast and effective. However, there's a number of counters to render the former less reliable. Nevertheless, such is the safest way of taking down enemy high-level Soldiers should they deploy unarmoured, as well as mowing down cannon fodder.
Killshots are a result of successful critical hits. Once scored, they immediately kill the target with no damage indication, regardless of amount of remaining Life Points. Not all body parts allow for killshots:
- In the head! (Headshot!).
- Straight to the heart! (Straight to the heart!).
- Right lung (Punctured Lung!).
- Gutshot (nasty) (Gutshot!).
Not explicitly tested but it's presumed that hitting limbs negates all chance of inflicting a killshot.Killshots can't be achieved by a trooper's punches or a rat's attack.Troopers armed with a Knife can still get a killshot.
Ways to Alter Critical
- Utilizing arms with highest Critical rating.
- Utilizing Hydroshock Shells (+300% ).
- Utilizing a Voodoo Doll (+100% against all enemy troops affected during current wave).
- Upgrading to Heartbreaker (+200% hitting the heart).
- Upgrading to Anatomy (+100% ).
- Manning any Vehicle (0% ).
- Wearing helmets (0% hitting the head, shot-off in one hit in the head, +? ):
- Utilizing a Full Metal Balaclava (50% hitting the head, no negative effects for being head-shot non-fatally (no +100% Damage), +1 ).
- Utilizing a Bulletproof Vest (50% hitting the torso (heart, left and right lungs), +1 ).
- Utilizing a Lucky Charm (1 Life Point left after any usually fatal shot).
- Upgrading to Invincible (0% ).