Rifle is a weapon class with maximum Range and an increased likelihood of hitting preferred body parts, an attribute unique to its class. As with Launchers, rifles are fired right after deployment and need some room separating the target and the shooter, being unable to fire point-blank. Generally, rifles possess good Critical values, which makes them very potent in scoring Killshots. However, except for some models, this class is rarely able to take on multiple targets and is best suited Support Trooper role, as a sniper needs as little interruption as possible to achieve maximum productivity. Nevertheless, with the right upgrades, this class can be devastating to enemy ranks.
Another distinct feature of this class is almost no Damage amplitudes, which results in more or less consistent damage rates. As a downside, rifles don't benefit from the Unforgiving ability. However, there are plenty of other upgrades that can bring satisfying results.
- Sniper (one of the default weapons the troops can start with, its distinct feature is a ridiculously low amount of ammunition. For that reason, it may not kill an enemy in 1 shot even with 100% hit rate.)
- CK-Magellan (a versatile model with impressive rate of fire and plenty of potential should you take specific skills. Can be effectively used against multiple hostiles; this rifle also has a decreased lower limit of Range, essentially being able to fire from slightly closer distances than the rest).
- Lizaro Jungle (somewhat good Damage and capacity, at a cost of having the worst Aim in the class. Strangely enough, it's most rarely wielded by computer-controlled armies).
- MOS-TECK (best Damage, other stats are generally fine, except for Recovery).
- Sparrowhawk (model specialized in Killshots, so it lacks in everything else).
All items (5)